I'm a stationery addict. A new diary is something that needs a LOT of thought. I can spend a ridiculous amount of time choosing a diary (often time I can't really spare, but hey ho).
For 2019, I wanted a diary that:
- was about A5 size
- had a week to a view with the days in vertical columns
- had equal sized columns for Saturday and Sunday (my life isn't less busy, just because it's a weekend!)
- had the week starting on a Monday (who in their right minds splits the weekend so that it bookends the week? It's a weekend)
- had space to list tasks for the week
- preferably also had space to list Most Important Tasks for each day
- would also help me with planning my week/month/year
- preferably was pretty/attractive because I have neither the time nor talent to do it myself but like the look of them
- would lie flat on the desk
- preferably had 2 ribbon markers, but at least one
Not much to ask for, is it?? You can see why I can end up trawling shops and the internet for yonks, trying to find this mythical beast.
Well, this year I have struck gold!!
I've got the 2019 A5 Everyday Diary from Box Clever Press.
It's a planning diary and has some great features. At the start, there is space to write down your plans and dreams for the year, and break these down into monthly chunks.
|Plans for the year
There are also pages to help break down big projects into achievable chunks.
For those of you who like them there are month to view pages. I'll probably record my running and my word counts on these pages, because I don't really use monthly pages for much.
After the monthly spread, there is a space for the monthly goals and a page to record monthly expenditure. I probably won't use the expenditure page as it's intended. I'm more likely to list the 'to do' for the month and use the 'Paid' column to check off when the task has been done.
But... the meat and drink of the diary is this... the week to view.
Vertical layout? Check.
Equal billing for Saturday and Sunday? Check.
Monday start to the week? Check.
Space for the week's to do? Check.
Space for noting progress on goals and plans? Check.
Two ribbon markers? Check.
Space to note the day's Most Important Tasks? Check.
It currently doesn't lie spectacularly flat, but it will. 😃
Anyone else found their perfect diary?